Sunday, February 04, 2007

sleepwalking

so this kid i met months ago calls me up thursday night. seemingly out of the blue. until i realize that he is the same guy who tried to talk to me on the train a couple weeks ago and i gave him a fake number and told him i was married. so he calls my cell leaves a message asking how i'm doing since i broke my ankle. i call him back since he sounds pretty sincere. i leave a message. he calls the next day and tries to get himself invited to my place. saying he wants to give me a massage and talking about all the things he'll do for me. being no less than explicit about wanting to have sex with me. EW! you don't even know me. and the moment i suggest getting to know each other ... you have plans right? you're all of a sudden trying new tactics like being concerned about my physical health and telling me how beautiful i am and talking about if i go to school make sure i know it's something i want to do. but if you would take the time to talk to me you would already know that i have a degree. boys are so dumb. for once i'd like to meet somebody who doesn't think they will do me a big favor by being my first. please leave that noise at the door. why is it such a chore to come correct? wine me, dine me ... take me out to brunch. let's go see the new silent film exhibit at MoMA. BE ORIGINAL! ok. i'm done with that. it's super bowl sunday! don't you love those commercials? i know i do. GO HUSKIES! um ... TIGERS?! right .... my week looks ... busy. i don't know how i'm going to fit in all the work i have to do and still make time for sleep. between applying for FIT, planning for After School Love Week, community night, organizing my music collection, and dodging boys with penises for brains ... honestly?! can a girl get a break?

No comments: